Thursday, December 12, 2013

Show Stopper, Bow Topper

I created the below gum paste bow tutorial over three years ago. THREE! I know, I am waayy overdue for sharing this. I was preggo with my youngest child at the time and shot the entire thing three cameras ago when all I had was a pocket Canon Powershot G10 - unbelievable when I think about it now. I had zero knowledge of shutter speed (hence, the occasional blurry photo) and even less knowledge of photoshop. It is what it is. 

While I'm a big fan of tylose and cmc powder for sugar flowers, I am a firm believer that the bow stands at attention and holds shape best when created with gum paste. If a picture truly is worth a thousand words, than no narration should be necessary. However, I do have a fully printable .PDF file including written instructions/tips and if you would like a copy, please email me at: andrea@andreahowarcakes.com and I will email it to you. Please include in your subject line: Cake Tutorial. 

Happy Caking!