Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Preview!

Last December I took a good long look at my business and evaluated where I was and where I wanted to be. Many of you may remember that my initial business involved not only cakes, but catering as well. Somewhere in the middle of assembling hors d'oeuvres for 250 people while caring for a six week old baby I realized that as much as I love to cook, the art of cuisine loses its luster when stuffing 600 mushrooms and prepping the same number of crab cakes in between a baby's nursing schedule. It was a sleepless summer. I still love to cook, entertain, and share my recipes on this blog, but my true passion is art and my mediums of choice are cake, sugar, fondant - you get the picture.  My business model got a facelift for 2013 and I haven't looked back - I love my job! I know it is a huge blessing to find work pleasurable and I don't take it for granted. 

Thanks to a sweet family member who recently married and agreed to don her wedding gown once more for a photo shoot, I now have these beautiful photo's that I can't stop looking at! You can check out our model, Lael, on her blog: High Heels and High Notes and find the fabulous white leather sofa over at Mood Party Rentals.

Here's a peek at a few photo's from our shoot....