Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Time Flies...

I recently had the privilege of making the wedding cake for one of the cutest people I know. In fact, I've known her for quite a while and when I moved away from Oklahoma nearly 10 years ago...well, she had the nerve to grow up!  I choose to remember her like this in my mind....


The first Christmas after my husband and I were married, Lael and her brother stood side-by-side and sang "Silent Night" at the family Christmas Eve party. They were adorable...she has never stopped singing. 

Lael recorded the gift list for me during my first baby shower when I was expecting my oldest child...a whopping 13 years ago... 


When she became engaged last year, I was more than thrilled to work with her on the design for her wedding cake. Lael (Louthan) Ewing has grown into adulthood as a fabulously faith-filled young woman who I admire - someone I hope my own daughter can grow up to emulate. Lael is pictured here alongside her groom, Reed Ewing...with the cake, of course. 


Lael is a member of Warr Acres, a group of talented musicians based out of Victory Church in Oklahoma City. You can visit their YouTube page or Facebook page for more info and to hear their music. While the majority of their melodies are faith-based, occasionally they record a cover of a popular song. If you love Ellie Goulding - as I do - you're sure to love their cover of "Anything Can Happen"....


Follow Lael's blog, High Heels and High Notes, for her impeccable taste in fashion and outfit ideas. In her posts, Lael lists where she found the pieces she is wearing and true to her DNA (I know her budget savvy grandmother well) the girl can find a bargain with her eyes closed. I'm thrilled to be moving closer to her and even more thrilled that she has agreed to don her beautiful wedding gown once more and model for my new advertising in the OKC area.