Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Turkey Lettuce Wraps with Cilantro Mayo

It's hot in Texas. Really, really hot. Add my daily growing pregnant belly to the normal annoyances of a 104 degree temperature, and it's easier to fast than to turn on the stove! Yet, I am pregnant and therefore hungry nearly all the time. I need healthy snacks, without sacrificing flavor and preferably requiring NO HEAT! These Turkey Lettuce Wraps hit the spot. The Cilantro Mayo used on them is so yummy and versatile that I know it will be delicious on my next tomato sandwich as well, if I can refrain from eating it by the spoonful.

Cilantro Mayo

3/4 cup LIGHT Mayo
1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. soy sauce

Puree in food processor until smooth.


Using Boston lettuce leaves, spread a think layer of cilantro mayo, followed by thin layers of turkey (or ham) and add anything else that strikes your fancy. I like thin sliced jalapeno's on mine. Or, throw on some green or red bell pepper. Remember to keep everything in THIN layers allowing you to roll the lettuce up tight.